Saturday 28 March 2015

1/35 Academy Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer) (Part 1)



This Academy 1/35 Jagdpanzer 38(t) is a wonderful kit and can be bought for a reasonable price,  I built this one in 2014 and enjoyed it so much that I'll probably build another at some point


Goes together like a dream. Notice the nose-heavy angle of the chassis that represents the weight of the 'Hetzer's gun.  (I know, I know............the 'Hetzer' was the 'paper-panzer' E-10's designation, but most know is as a 'Hetzer' so we'll call it that here.


The side-skirts were too thick so I used them as a template to create replacements from some thin plastic card (readily available on eBay).


The mud guards/fenders were thinned down with a sanding stick and bent out of shape to represent a war-weary machine.  In reality these parts were made from very thin metal so could easily be damaged. 


I used lead wire to represent the wiring to the front Notek lamp.

See part 2 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment