Photo above: My 'steel' road wheels and weathered hull are more or less complete.
at this stage.
Photo above: I used a mix of weathering pigments & acrylic paint for the
Photo above: the exhausts now have 'real' vertical bars inserted inside; I drilled out the molded ones and used very fine stretched sprue to make my own.
Photo above: the turret on my model represents one fitted as a replacement at some point, but a turret that was unfinished with regards to having primer or any finishing touches, thus I opted for a rather 'raw' look which was further beaten-up by natural elements and urban combat.
Photo above: the dusting has begun! On this model I decided to also paint and weather the underside.
Photo above: one of the schurzen that has seen some action. If you study real ones in period photos/movie footage you'll notice just how beaten-up they got. Just a hedgerow can scratch the paint which then proceeds to rust in the often damp European climate, so urban fighting would certainly assure a vehicle got rough-looking pretty quickly.
Photo above: a weathered track link that hangs on the turret's side. I have the 'proper' rust pigments for this job, but for some reason have always preferred my own mix of artist pastels.