Wednesday 29 May 2019

1/35 Trumpeter E-25 German Tank Destroyer - Paper Panzer Build (Part 1)

Okay, I haven't finished the E-100 yet, but I'll get around to it one day.  In the meantime I've reached for this Trumpeter kit as I can't resist the temptation of another 'paper panzer.'


Had this machine ever made if off of the blueprints to become a reality what a beast it would have been.....I mean, just look at that gun!


I can't remember if the kit came with the metal gun barrel or if I ordered it separately, but the kit did supply photo-etched engine grilles and front/rear fenders (if you prefer plastic they also supply those too).  The photo etch fenders are made from quite stiff metal, but I appreciate they were included and even without special tools they are easy to fashion into shape.


I can't wait to get to the painting stages of this build although I haven't quite decided what colours or scheme to go with - being a 'paper panzer'  means I am free to use artistic license albeit with a little restraint bearing in mind the paints actually available in 1945. 

No comments:

Post a Comment