Photo below is a shot of the engine before she was sealed in.
Photo above: the exhausts were painted with a Vallejo rust colour and while still damp, I added some pastel dust, a mix of oranges and browns. Once dry I'm able to handle the exhausts without any of the pastel powder coming off, but just to make sure I can add a few drops of airbrush cleaner which makes the pastels set hard.
Photo below: And here she is, partially in primer.
Photo below: With great difficulty I installed some photo-etch on the rear fenders (small rails to place stowage) but without the luxury of a photo-etch bending tool the job was not to my liking, and any attempts to straighten the flimsy-looking rails once fitted meant they just broke loose and damaged my paintwork......so, they had to go! I am not modelling the one and only machine that saw action at the end of World War Two, so let's just say mine was the second machine that was not publicized.......... ;)
Click on the photos below to enlarge - I'll let the captions do the talking.
Photo below: because the weapon is such a large part on this particular kit, I ordered myself an aluminum barrel from eBay - it's a beauty!
Okay, so that's it for now. At the time of writing, my Super Pershing is waiting for a final coat of primer before I begin working on a new painting method.
More soon, comrades!